Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

' 400 Bad Request' after front end login

guidocastagna
    Participant

@guidocastagna

I looked hard to find a solution for this problem, but I can’t find it. Hope somebody around can help. The site involved is http://www.degravinutrecht.nl

I did a clean WordPress install (3.5.1) and a clean BuddyPress install (1.7.1). Everything works smooth, but when I try to log in on the front end, I get the following error:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at http://www.degravinutrecht.nl Port 80

What I’ve tried so far with no success:
    - delete cookies
    - try different browsers, different computers (mac/windows)
    - disable all plugins / themes
    - reinstall files (both BuddyPress and WordPress)
    - register as a new user and confirm by clicking the link in the confirmation e-mail
    - reset the permalinks
    - making the register and activate pages, removing them and make them again
    - selecting and deselecting the ‘anyone can register’ checkbox under Settings.

Even if I leave the username and password fields empty, I get the same HTTP 400 error (instead of being redirected and given the message I need to fill in a username and password).

Everything else on the site works perfectly. Also, when I install a login plugin, I am able to login on the front end, no problem. This however does give users also access to the WordPress backend, which is not my intention.

To go short: why do I get a 400 Bad Request error when trying to login at the front end of my website?

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    guidocastagna
    Participant

@guidocastagna

Nobody can help me? :-(

Hugo

@hnla

Not sure I understand the slight contradiction in ‘login on the front end’ = issues against ‘add a login plugin’ = no issues.

What do your server error logs say?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.