Assign to Group, and/or Make download available
Hi. I’ve toyed with some paywall options like tinypass, but wondering if a paypal contact form or another solution is better.
Here are my requirements:
- Put paying members automatically into a group
- Make a few PDF files available to those paid members
- Add possibly an even more personalized option where their document can be created and made available to them. (e.g. They get their name on a certificate via my own template. I’ve noticed I can do a mail merge and batch out certificates, but then getting an individual file to each user just kind of explodes my head. Even having some type of dropbox after locally running this mail merge seems cumbersome, but would still consider it. For now, either of the first 2 requirements would be helpful. Tackling the 3rd, albeit important, could take a back seat until the first tow are solved.
Right now, I have a private group setup for these paid members. I am stuck at manually inviting them in, once they pay via paypal or tinypass, if I use that solution
Either way, I’m wondering if I can automate this somehow.
To summarize, it would look like this:
- I register on the site.
- I upgrade my free to paid via paypal contact form plugin or tinypass. (Paypal contact form would allow user to enter text for certificate name, then I’d have to manually do the mail merge thing to output individual certificate PDF’s.)
- As a paying member, a private group awaits me because I’m “exclusive.”
If anyone can chime in, the more the merrier I guess, I’d be grateful.
Thanks in advance for taking time out to offer your feedback.
The topic ‘Assign to Group, and/or Make download available’ is closed to new replies.