BuddyPress in /plugins/ not /mu-plugins/ from r1303+
Please read this:
This is the change needed to support automatic updates, and the reason why 1.0 has been delayed until WPMU 2.7.1.
Any questions, please post them here and I will try and help out.
**** UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS ****
For the plugins:
- Delete all the BuddyPress plugins from /mu-plugins/
- Download the latest from the trunk (via svn co is best) or use the zip link at the bottom of this page: http://trac.buddypress.org/browser/trunk
- Extract or checkout all of the plugins to /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/
- Log in as a site admin, and head to the \”Plugins\” admin panel. You will need to activate the \”BuddyPress\” plugin.
If you are using the default BuddyPress themes with no changes:
- If you are using the default themes with no changes, delete the /wp-content/member-themes/ directory.
- Move /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/ to /wp-content/bp-themes/
- If you want to use the BuddyPress home theme, move /wp-content/bp-themes/buddypress-home/ to /wp-content/themes/buddypress-home/
If you are using your own customized themes:
- Copy the functions.php in /buddypress-member/ theme to your own BuddyPress member theme\’s functions.php file.
- Copy the header.php from the /buddypress-member/ theme to your own BuddyPress member theme, make any adjustments you need.
- Copy the /directories/ folder from the /buddypress-member/ theme into your own BuddyPress member theme.
- Copy the \”directories.css\” file from the /css/ directory into your own BuddyPress theme\’s /css/ directory (or paste the styles into your style.css file if you do not have a css directory.
- Make sure your BuddyPress member theme is sitting in /wp-content/bp-themes/[theme-name] NOT /wp-content/member-themes/[theme-name]
If you are using a modified version of the BuddyPress home theme:
- Copy the functions.php in /buddypress-home/ theme to your own home theme’s functions.php file.
- Copy the header.php from the /buddypress-home/ theme to your own home theme, make any adjustments you need.
Once WordPress MU 2.7.1 is released there will be a proper zip to download of RC2, so people can ease into these changes. Shortly after 1.0 will be released.
The topic ‘BuddyPress in /plugins/ not /mu-plugins/ from r1303+’ is closed to new replies.