Display the registration form anywhere else (i.e. overlay)
1. Which version of WordPress are you running?
2. Did you install WordPress as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgrade from a previous version of WordPress? If so, from which version?
5. Was WordPress functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting.
6. Which version of BP are you running?
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? If so, which ones?
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
OK, I want to display the Buddypress registration form on another page/overlay.
The same form that appears at: http://the_domain.com/register/
When a user is viewing a post, there will be a link, “become a member now!” which when clicked, should pull the registration up as an overlay.
Now, I’ve tried creating a ‘custom template’ that had all the same fields as the buddypress default “register.php”. A simple copy/paste. However, it doesn’t seem like the bp functions were working (bp_get_current_signup_step(), etc)
Is there a way to do this and get the bp_ functions to work in a custom template?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.