Fatal error in upgrade to 1.1.2
Getting fatal error in upgrading BP that I’ve not found in forum search (long post, the “help us help you” information is lengthy)
I followed the instructions in this post:
2) Which state to deactivate all BP-related plugins (I only had one, already deactivated)
3) I deactivated Buddy press
4) I downloaded latest version, uploaded it via FTP using Firezilla and overwrote the previous BP folder
5) Returned to plugins page to re-activate BP, which is when I received this Fatal Error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_activity_install() (previously declared in /chroot/home/barliman/barlimans.com/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity.php:19) in /chroot/home/barliman/barlimans.com/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-activity.php on line 52
Steps 6 I haven’t attempted
Step 7: I was using default themes, but the instructions imply deleting bp-themes folder and etc. should happen *after* you reactivate BP.
I’ve looked through the forum and didn’t find another “fatal error” instance with this particular problem, so, as per: http://buddypress.org/forums/topic/trouble-upgrading, I’m creating a new thread
Here are the details pertaining to the “Help us Help you” questionnaire.
1. Which version of WPMU are you running?
Upgraded to 188.8.131.52 just prior to this
2. Did you install WPMU as a directory or subdomain install?
3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory?
4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WPMU? If so, from which version?
Yes, the immediate preceding version
5. Was WPMU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress?
6. Which version of BuddyPress (BP) are you running?
it was 1.1.1, whatever the previous recent version was
7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version?
8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated?
When first attempting upgrade I did have non-BP plugins activated, but after first received error message, I restored my site, deactivated ALL plugins, but still received fatal error
9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes?
Standard (only had replaced logo with our own, by adopting the default logo name)
10. Have you modified the core files in any way?
11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php?
12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in?
Not running BPress
13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files.
I can provide these if needed, but I think they’re preventing my post from showing up.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.