Ideas to handle “Request a Feature/Report a Bug” on a BP site
Putting this question to the forum:
if you’re considering/doing this: Within the framework of a BP install, how would you handle giving members the ability to both/either report a bug or request a feature in your implementation of BP? I am brainstorming ideas to meet my needs, no require too much custom hacking and not over think it (fat chance) too much.
1. require login
2. pull in member info automatically (good for me and easy for user)
3. build some nice fields w/ a drop down or 2 ( a la cForms II)
4. might be good to keep a list available to everyone to avoid dupes but this site isn’t a dev site, just want people to be able to report issues and make suggestions…easily
1. Could use cForms but would lack a site record for users (promotes dupes) and not sure you can pull member info in either
2. Could create a Group and make it a focused topic list ( is there that much control over one group in particular? can you feature a group and make it sticky? disable that group’s wire? and so on)
3. Considered a separate bbPress install on it’s own page limited to just these two topics. This might be easiest. Not sure if it’s good for bug reporting.
Thanks for all your insight.
The topic ‘Ideas to handle “Request a Feature/Report a Bug” on a BP site’ is closed to new replies.