New theme in dev (targeted at being for a support site) – Feedback/suggestions welcome
I’m finally back working on the “HELP” BuddyPress child theme that I started months ago, just thought I’d share some of the details with the community to get some running feedback while its in development.
Live demo: http://help.deanjrobinson.com/
Things of note so far:
- This is child theme built on top of the default BP theme
- The layouts and styling of most of the core functions remains the same as the default theme, with a few tweaks here and there (still working through each section)
- ‘accent’ colour will be customisable via the admin (will change links, main nav highlight, header hover colour – all the burnt orange bits)
- Custom widgetised-homepage, with custom interface added to ‘widgets’ screen (admin screen shot http://drp.ly/1osu2s )
- Three additional widgets (for use with custom homepage, or in the pre-existing sidebar) new widgets are:
– “Recent Forum posts” – from all forums or a selected forum
– “Blog post loop” – from all categories or a select category
– “Groups + Topics” – as seen on my site (link above) show selected groups and recent topics from each
- Relocated BP admin bar, sits alongside main nav, retains drop-down functionality (see demo site)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.