Updates on BuddyPress Release Status
Some updates on the release status of BuddyPress:
- The target is to release beta versions of all the available plugins on Dec 15.
- From then, there will be a feature freeze and there will be a period of bug fixing to stabilize the plugins ready for a 1.0 release.
- Each component will be released as an individual 1.0. There will be no â€BuddyPress 1.0â€. BuddyPress is a collection of official component plugins, each adding a new feature with its own roadmap. However, there will always be a zip file available with the current versions of official component plugins to download in one package.
- As soon as all major issues have been resolved, 1.0 versions of each official component plugin will be released. As itâ€™s around Christmas time (most people will be too busy eating turkey to test) Iâ€™m not attaching a final date. Each component will be released ASAP after its beta one by one, when ready. By doing this you wonâ€™t have to wait for all components to reach release quality before any are made available.
- The photo gallery and status update components will not be available along with the first release of available official components. These will be a priority after the first release and can be added to any installation at a later date. There just wasnâ€™t enough time to fit these in.
So whatâ€™s left to do before Dec 15?
- Filtering of friends and groups lists to show â€Recently Active Friendsâ€, â€Recently Added Friendsâ€ etc. In groups â€Groups Iâ€™ve Createdâ€, â€Groups Recently Updatedâ€, â€Groups Recently Joinedâ€, etc.
- Finish the members directory as well as adding blog and group directories, accessible via â€domain.com/groups/â€, â€domain.com/members/â€. â€domain.com/blogs/â€.
- bbPress forums for groups.
- Private messaging autocomplete on friend names.
- RSS Feeds for activity streams.
Not long to go now, thank you all for helping to test and your contributions. Iâ€™m really excited to see what people will do with release quality components. Rock on!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.