Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin bar blurred in Chrome and Firefox

• opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

I’m experiencing this blurriness issue with the admin bar. It happens with Chrome and Firefox 4 for logged in and logged out users both. Please see the pic below – Is this a CSS issue? Any help? I use BP default theme.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

What custom CSS have you added would be my first thoughts, however a link if you have one could help in seeing what’s going on.

opensourcelover

@opensourcelover

anyone? Any help? Thank you!

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@opensourcelover

My first thought is that it’s a text-shadow causing the blur effect. As the adminbar is called via the footer, try adding the following to your CSS:
    `div#footer {text-shadow:none;}`

BTW, you really should create a child-theme rather than using bp-default, otherwise any changes you make to the default theme will be lost when you upgrade Buddypress. See here to learn how:
    https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/building-a-buddypress-child-theme/

Tammie Lister

@karmatosed

@opensourcelover: If that doesn’t work what is suggested by @pcwriter my suggestion would be to look at what is causing your JavaScript error on your page. Using firebug I can see you have one. The first port of call I’d suggest would to turn off all plugins and widgets. This could explain the difference in browsers or at least be a good next thing to try if no CSS is different.

I totally second and agree with @pcwriter about using a child theme. Only way forward if you are going to make changes like this.

It is an artifact of the text-shadow property on #footer.
    The only reason you are experiencing this issue th way you are cross browser is because of mal-formed markup which you are going to need to fix.

`