Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP Gallery/Media – Which plugin do people recommend?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I’ve used @sbrajesh‘s BP Gallery plugin since alpha stage February 2010 last year to current BP 1.0.4 in different sites and can say that it’s an outstanding plugin. You’ve read the cool current features of BP Gallery — images, audio and video uploading; able to set options for individual and/or group albums; multiple file uploading; embedding external videos; easy to style; etc. etc. etc — they are all working since beta. The plugin’s extensible, well-written and I give it 5-stars.
    Will probably add some more kudos later on :-)
    Cheers.

Great! Couple follow-up questions:

1. If admin creates a post (a general website post, not specific to a user or group), would these images go to the same database or will I have two separate media database?

2. if a user wants to add an image that would be associated with a post that was created by the admin on the back end (i.e. it is not a they did in their group or profile), would they be able to do that?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

1. BP Gallery generates own tables in database in addition to interacting with other BP- and user- tables. Beyond that and for more specifics, you gotta ask @sbrajesh at Buddydev.com ;-)
    Users can post images, audio and videos uploaded via BP Gallery in e.g. main site into respective blogs within a multisite installation using BP Gallery shortcodes.

2. “if a user wants to add an image that would be associated with a post that was created by the admin
    Not exactly sure about what you meant. If Admin created a post, no other user role can edit that post unless it was a Super/Site Admin or a co-Admin of the site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘BP Gallery/Media – Which plugin do people recommend?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar