Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] BuddyPress Template Pack – JS / AJAX are not working

• Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

When I’m on the activity page (http://mysite.net/activity) or any page that has “activity”.
    The filters like the following just change all the activity to be blank, instead of “filtering” it.

* All Members (391)
    * My Friends (1)
    * My Groups (2)
    * @testuser Mentions

The dropdown filter box does not work either. Just changes all the activity to blank. Everything else in the buddypress works fine.

I switched the theme to “BuddyPress Default 1.2.1 by BuddyPress.org” it worked again, so something in the BuddyPress Template Pack is not bringing over the JS / AJAX from the default theme. Any ideas?

1. Which version of WP/MU are you running? 2.9.1 Single WP
    2. Did you install WP/MU as a directory or subdomain install? http://www.mysite.com
    3. If a directory install, is it in root or in a subdirectory? root
    4. Did you upgraded from a previous version of WP/MU? If so, from which version? No
    5. Was WP/MU functioning properly before installing/upgrading BuddyPress (BP)? e.g. permalinks, creating a new post, commenting. Yes
    6. Which version of BP are you running? Version 1.2.1
    7. Did you upgraded from a previous version of BP? If so, from which version? No
    8. Do you have any plugins other than BuddyPress installed and activated? Yes
    9. Are you using the standard BuddyPress themes or customized themes? Using BuddyPress Template Pack
    10. Have you modified the core files in any way? Yes, to fix the avatar upload issue:
    bp-core-avatars.php line 389

Replace:
    if ( !$path = get_option( ‘upload_path’ ) )
    $path = WP_CONTENT_DIR . ‘/uploads’;

With:
    if ( !$path = get_option( ‘upload_path’ ) )
    $path = WP_CONTENT_DIR . ‘/uploads’;
    else
    $path = ABSPATH . $path;

…and report back?

http://trac.buddypress.org/ticket/1970

11. Do you have any custom functions in bp-custom.php? No
    12. If running bbPress, which version? Or did your BuddyPress install come with a copy of bbPress built-in? Not using bbPress.
    13. Please provide a list of any errors in your server’s log files. – Nope, shared server.
    14. Which company provides your hosting? Hostgator

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Any ideas?

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Anyone out there? lol

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Hello, hellllo, helllooo.

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I’ve never used the Template Pack before, but a quick glance at the code shows that it is looking for the JS that is included in bp-default, unless you have selected the Disable BP Template Pack JS / AJAX on the Dashboard page. Have you done so? When you look at the page source for the activity page, do you see the javascript being loaded in the document head? Is the path to the javascript file /bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/global.js correct? Does BP_PLUGIN_DIR . ‘/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php’ exist on your system?

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

I didn’t disable the “BP Template Pack JS / AJAX ” option.

I looked at the page source and it is pointing to the file correctly:

http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/global.js?ver=2.9.1

the ajax file is located here:

http://www.mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default/_inc/ajax.php

Very odd … thanks for replying by the way :)

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Any other ideas?

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Any other plugins that use javascript? Does this theme use any javascript?

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

I’m sure there is. I disable the plugins until it starts working I guess.

[Update] Ok I disabled all the plugins except the following:

BuddyPress Version 1.2.2.1

BuddyPress Template Pack Version 1.0.2

Private WP 2 Version 1.0

I’m using this theme – Fusion 3.0.4 by digitalnature

Still not working … so it’s either the BuddyPress Template Pack or the theme … where do I go from here?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Have you tried another theme? Test another WP theme with the template pack plugin to see if you can get the AJAX to work there. If you can’t make it work with a couple different themes then at least you can rule out the theme being the problem.

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Ok, I tried the default wordpress theme and move the templates files using the BuddyPress Template Pack.

Now it’s filtering correctly. Dang, so what do I check in my theme ?

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

I installed the theme to see what I could see.

The problem is caused by the following lines in fusion/js/fusion.js:

jQuery.fn.fadeOut = function(speed, callback) {
    return this.animate({opacity: 'hide'}, speed, function() {
    if (jQuery.browser.msie) this.style.removeAttribute('filter');
    if (jQuery.isFunction(callback)) callback();
    });
    };

(lines 56-61 in the version I downloaded). I don’t know exactly what the problem is, but if you delete those lines then the activity filter works again, at least on my local version.

Tosh
    Participant

@xberserker

Wow, that did it! I played around on the other parts of my site. To see if that broke something else. I don’t notice anything … wonder what that animation jQuery is for.

I just commented it out for now.

Thanks sooo much!

Now I need to remember all the places I commented out the filter stuff, lol.

Just curious how did you find out so quickly?

Marcella
    Participant

@marcella1981

Child themes should not inherit ajax.js in my opinion. If you want to inherit the js it should be copied directly into the child theme.

Caused lot’s of headaches. Great for a chosen theme, but markup mods happen very often. Only so many ways you can rework content and padder :p

p.s. sorry to hi-jack

robbysusanto

@robbysusanto

Tosh, please try my way, 1. use any themes of your choice 2. Enable BuddyPress Template Pack 3. Copy folder _inc from “/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-default” into your theme directory

its work at my site indonesiabox.com and also otolover.com

enderandrew

@enderandrew

@Robbysusanto are you saying you should copy the _inc folder but not enable the JS integration through the plugin?

enderandrew

@enderandrew

That solution did not work for me. I copied the _inc folder into my child theme, and disabled Buddypress Template Pack.

The layout was then messed up, no doubt from missing CSS. I could Add a Friend, but it didn’t use Ajax. It just re-loaded the page. And trying to post a status update just leads to a 404.

If I enable Buddypress Template Pack, it tried to use Ajax for Add a Friend and Status Update, but neither work.

robbysusanto

@robbysusanto

@enderandrew, please follow my instruction again correctly, I am not said disable both of “BP Template Pack CSS” and “BP Template Pack JS / AJAX”

1. Just copy activated and cofiguration BP Template Pack
    2. And than copy “_inc” into your template folder directory
    3. Do not disable both of “BP Template Pack CSS” and “BP Template Pack JS / AJAX”
    4. Done and Test your site

Works like a charm for my site httpp://www.indonesiabox.com

robbysusanto

@robbysusanto

HI Everyone,

Can somebody help me with the ajax. The buddypress that I installed is not functioning at all. It’s not working in members, activity and some of the buddypress pages. I think it is a javascript. I am using stufe wordpress theme.

Response is highly appreciated. Thanks

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] BuddyPress Template Pack – JS / AJAX are not working’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar