Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

CSS Works in FireFox but not in Chrome, Opera and IE

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@steliodj quick glance at your theme, for cross-browser compatibility, when you float an element, add width to the element as well. e.g.

`div.item-list-tabs ul li {
    float: left;
    list-style: none outside none !important;
    margin-right: 10px;
    width: 300px;
    }

div#content form#forums-search-form.dir-form form#forums-directory-form.dir-form div.item-list-tabs ul li#forums-order-select.last {
    display: block;
    float: right;
    margin-right: 35px;
    margin-top: 3px;
    position: relative;
    width: 200px;
    }`

As for the hover background showing up in statc links, add/define background in regular links for item-nav e.g. #ffffff

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

@mercime, remove the Username and Psw from the above post. On any circumstance, the super admin Username And Psw should never be posted out in the open.

Your site is vulnerable to attacks, and everything else.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@gunju2221 no worries, checked wp-admin. it’s a test user account, not Site/Super Admin one.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

checked wp-admin. it’s a test user account, not Site/Super Admin one.

How? Maintenance Mode prohibits access to everything unless it’s super admin.

pcwriter
    Participant

@pcwriter

@gunju2221

Nope. You can allow access to any user role with WP Maintenance Mode plugin.

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Nope. You can allow access to any user role with WP Maintenance Mode plugin.

Ok, well I don’t use that plugin.

Learn something new everyday! :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@gunju2221 True, we all do :-)

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi there, the user i provided here is just a test subscriber.

I will add width wherever i have float, and i will let you know how it goes.

Can you please explain what you mean with the hover bg ?

Thank you for helping out!!
    Stelios

steliodj

@steliodj

Hi one more time mercime…i notice something weird, when i’m changing something in css(this happens only to those pages that i have the issue) and inspect with firebug i can see the change is there, but when i use inspect element from chrom or from opera i don’t see the change and it evens grabs css styling information from another line of the stylesheet.

For example this is what i get(this correct) in firefox when inspecting a specific element:

`
    div#content form#members-directory-form.dir-form div.item-list-tabs {
    background: url(“../../themes/theme/images/members_directory_menu_bg.png”) no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
    border: medium none;
    clear: both;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-bottom: 17px;
    padding-top: 15px;
    width: 102%;
    }
    `
    And this is what what i get when inspecting the same element in chrome:

`
    div.item-list-tabs {
    border: none;
    overflow: hidden;
    clear: both;
    background: url(../../themes/theme/images/buddypress_nav_bg.png) top left no-repeat;
    padding-top: 15px;
    width: 102%;
    padding-bottom: 17px;
    }
    `

if i remove `form#members-directory-form.dir-form` and keep only `div#content div.item-list-tabs` from my style it works also in chrome but it breaks something else that needs to use another background image and has the same id `div.item-list-tabs`

Please advice

steliodj

@steliodj

Found another weird issue…..if you visit blogs directory: http://tinyurl.com/428t4wd with Chrome you get 2 options (All Blogs and My Blogs) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21335807/blogsChrome.jpg and in FireFox only 1 ( All Blogs) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21335807/blogsFireFox.jpg

Any help? Advice?

vusis
    Participant

@vusis

I”m experiencing a similar wierd problem:
    i’m using the latest BP + WP stack.

in firefox: firebug says the `

` … tag encapsulates everything. i.e. directory results etc
    on the other hand. i.e. and chrome say that the dir-form tag is only the form header (u know where it says “Groups Directory” for example.)
    i checked the actual code and I discovered that i.e + chrome are correct! for some reason firefox is not picking up the closing tag for dir-form. and so it uses the very last `

` on the page.

that messes up the CSS completely.
    Please check and verify that my eyes are not playing tricks on me. thanx

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS Works in FireFox but not in Chrome, Opera and IE’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar