Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Topic “Elevated” to Blog Post

• LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

Has anyone tried or figured out how to have a forum topic from one specific group “elevated” or “chosen” to be made into a blog post?

I’d love my students to be able to “ask-a-question” and have it become a forum post in a group called questions and later an admin can chose it to become a blog post.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@LPH2005 I’ve haven’t seen anything like what you’ve mentioned. The closest was the SimplePress forum feature http://simple-press.com/features/ under “Components” where it has 1) Blog Posts and Forum Topics can be linked and 2) Share Blog Comments and Forum Posts but no conversions.

Fun idea, but I’ve not seen anything. Wouldn’t be too hard to do. What would happen after you’ve created the post, though? Would you delete the forum? Syncing both seems a bit hard and clunky,

LPH2005
    Participant

@lph2005

@mercime – Yes. I’ve seen the simple press way and use it on a site. It’s very easy to use but something that can elevate a forum topic post to a front page blog post would make life easier for some of my students.

@djpaul – Maybe the blog post should just be an excerpt with closed comments and a link to the original forum post. It could be done manually with copy/paste but an admin ‘check mark’ option to elevate the forum topic would make things easier.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum Topic “Elevated” to Blog Post’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar