Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

groups api custom creation steps?.. not working at all

• firetag
    Participant

@firetag

I am making a custom creation step using the groups extension api and there are quite a few problems with it… I looked in the trac, but I’m not sure if there are open tickets for the problems I am experiencing or not…

The first problem I am experiencing is that the api seems to be calling my create_screen() function during every create step… so that was an easy fix I just checked if it was on my create step.. using bp_is_group_creation_step( ‘my_extension_slug’). After I fixed that and actually got all the way down to my creation step I noticed after hitting submit it went to my custom group creation steps url again ,but without a ‘/’ at the end of the url… and the page didn’t display my creation step it said are you sure you want to do this and the page title changed to wordpress failure notice… I have no idea what happened at this point I honestly don’t understand how buddypress handles group creation at the core…

Anyway (sorry to share a whole story with you) at this point I decided to just try and hook into actions on certain creation steps like bp_before_group_details_creation_step and bp_before_group_settings_creation_step.. the great thing about this is I know the group meta will be set when the group is created… the bad thing is it doesn’t work… I guess buddypress handles the $_POST data a little differently and I can’t seem to figure it out… can anyone set me in the right direction here? or at least get me back on my feet?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• firetag
    Participant

@firetag

I don’t understand why but for some reason I added in the wp nonce check and it worked..(posted this just incase anyone is experiencing similar issues)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘groups api custom creation steps?.. not working at all’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar