Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How can I easily post images in the activity stream?

• Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

Is there an easy way to post images in the activity stream? Without using html? I want to post a image url and then the Pic should be displayed. Is this possible with a Plugin?

Thanks for helping!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Very possible in multiple ways, to embed an image in status updates.

1. Install @r-a-y’s handy plugin, oembed for buddypress: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/oembed-for-buddypress/ Whuch gives you the ability to just post the link inside the update and it will appear. It works for videos also.

2. If you don’t want to install that plugin, you can just put the image inside image src tags: ``

There is also an album plugin which allows your users to upload pictures in their profile albums, and then insert them into status updates.

Good luck! :)

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

Thanks for your fast answer. I already use oembedd for buddypress and videos urls are working. But when I post a image url only the link shows up?!

modemlooper

@modemlooper

Oembed only works for specific sites any old link will not work

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

So there is no other way to post a image in the activity stream?!

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

So there is no other way to post a image in the activity stream?!

Did you even read through my post? ;)

Look at #2

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

yeah and without html i mean!

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

maybe a another plugin that translates the img url?

Avi M
    Participant

@avim

This is not exactly what you asked for but BuddyStream allows you to import images from Flikr.

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddystream/

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

Thanks but like I said i need something that translates simple iamge urls to a picture. Is this so hard to manage?!:)

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Don’t yell at us for helping YOU! find a solution.

There is no other way to just post the link of an image and have it appear. YOU! Must go searching for plugins, and If there is none, you might have to wait for some other plugin to come out, or use the image tags in HTML.

Oembed it just about the only thing that exists in which what you want at the moment.

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

I don´t yell at you?! I´m just asking for help! I searched already for plugins. And If oembed works, for vieo urls whi it doesn´t for me with image urls?

Avi M
    Participant

@avim

@Frosty

Maybe you can tweak oembed to also do images.

Also what about trying a wp plugin that creates a pop image of image links. Im sure there is something like that out there. Again not the perfect solution but maybe something for now while you sort it out.

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

Thanks, maybe I´ll give it a try!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I read somewhere that @r-a-y might be adding support for other media to the oembed for BuddyPress plugin.

There’s a premium plugin, BP Gallery which can post images, audio, video to activity stream in addition to the regular single user and group galleries.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Yeah, I’m thinking about adding support for it.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Thanks @r-a-y, I knew I read it somewhere :-)

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Sweet @r-a-y! Looking forward to the next release of oembed!

imjscn
    Participant

@imjscn

I have both oEmbed and BuddyPress Links installed. They can both show external media. I’m wondering if they may conflict with each other or not? Hopefully BuddyPress Links is using oEmbed technics.

Frosty8o
    Participant

@frosty8o

Thx @mercime

@r-a-y that would be really great. I love oembed!

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I easily post images in the activity stream?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar