Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile field setup for groups?

• mediabros
    Participant

@mediabros

I noticed that in the admin section under buddypress >> profile field setup there is also a option to extend the group with custom fields? I tryed it and it did not generate the extra fields that i created when making a group. So my question is, should it work like my expectation above? or do i get this the wrong way, and if so, what is the meaning of it?

And after we handled the above issue, how to genarate custom fields for groups? is there a plugin or should i develop one myself?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Matthew
    Participant

@serpico

This is a ‘Field Group’ or fieldset for the profile. It is not a way to create extra fields for groups.

Paul Wong-Gibbs
    Keymaster

@djpaul

To answer your second question, no, there’s no plugin available to add custom fields to groups (that I’m aware of).

I’m interested in doing this as well. Would love to be able to add additional fields to a Group Profile besides the default “Group Name,” “Group Description”. A tool like the Dashboard > BuddyPress> Profile Field Setup would be awesome. I’m guessing the only solution would be to edit the current group admin form that handles this and the group template page.

there used to be this plugin which could do exactly this but it hasnt been updated to work with bp 1.2..all plugins on that site have stopped being updated..maybe someone could take this on and update it for bp 1.2?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Profile field setup for groups?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar