Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Theme Size Problem For Inbox Messages

• Robert77
    Participant

@robert-tramontano

For some reason my other post got deleted but I am having an issue with my theme and inbox messages being larger than the content area.. where can I change this.. I mean what file? I am assuming it might be in the messages folder.. single.php or messages-loop.php?

Can anyone help me?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== my theme and inbox messages being larger than the content area ==

Are you using BP Template Pack with your WP theme? Inbox messages should have been contained within the content area if Step 3 of the compatibility process was successful. Is that page the only one affected within the individual member’s pages?

Robert77
    Participant

@robert-tramontano

@mercime Yes I am using the template pack and had a programmer do some compatibility coding since it seemed too complicated and everything else seems fine right now except this but I did not check groups yet either.. he set it so certain files have a set width that I can change the size but I looked in the messages php files and did not see any width adjustments so i figure he must have missed this somehow.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== I looked in the messages php files and did not see any width adjustments ==

In many cases, one only needs to adjust 16 template files listed here https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/#tplfiles which have the major HTML containers for the content of all other BP template files. As you will see, the message templates are not included there because the messages content is contained in the members page structure. In some cases, one only needs to create two files for theme compatibility. Come BP 1.7, you won’t even need the BP template pack plugin anymore as theme compatibility is being built into the BuddyPress plugin itself.

Have you brought this to the attention of the one who fixed your BP template files? What WP theme are you using? Do you have a screenshot of the issue compared to other “tamed” BP pages?

Robert77
    Participant

@robert-tramontano

@mercime Yes I have a screenshot but did not know where to upload it but the programmer just kind of stuck it to me.. I repeatedly told him the theme still had a few issues and he gave me a hard time about it so I am screwed it seems unless someone can help me. Ok I have read about BP 1.7 but I will be sticking with 1.5.7 like glue as it has no issues.. I tried 1.6 and it was a nightmare for me and my setup. Was using the flexibility 3 theme but thinking about switching to another theme. Either way I have the issue though.. I tried the same templates for the flex 3 theme that the programmer did for me and it worked on the other theme as well.. if I could just figure where the code for width needs to go I will be set..

Wait are you talking about messages.php?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@robert-tramontano Will try to help. Hopefully, it won’t be too complicated.. Have to see what has been done though. If you are still going to use that theme, open up your theme’s regular page.php file, copy all code, paste to pastebin.com, click submit and post the generated URL here. Do the same for the revised index.php file in your theme’s member folder in server as in wp-content/themes/yourthemefolder/members/index.php

Robert77
    Participant

@robert-tramontano

Ok I will have to get back to this when I can think clearly I am really burnt out with this right now, I appreciate the help @mercime and I will update this topic after I can take some time and try to analyze the files in the current theme and then apply the template pack to the new theme and see what I can do. Thanks :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@robert-tramontano in case you change your theme, we have a list of template-packed WP themes with step-by-step instructions listed https://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/wordpress-to-buddypress-theme/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Theme Size Problem For Inbox Messages’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar