Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

user posting of photos

• Famous
    Participant

@famous

@johnjamesjacoby @apeatling can you tell me what the solution is going to be for photos? Will it be a plugin and which plugin? The reason I ask is because I don’t want to integrate something that will be abandoned later on. I want the best solution for posting photos.

Thank you for your time

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Unsure. We’re a little at the mercy of how WordPress core handles media uploading, and there are lots of potential ways it can be done. In the meanwhile, check out BP-Media.

Famous
    Participant

@famous

@johnjamesjacoby
    I checked this link out:
    http://code.google.com/p/buddypress-media/
    and although it is interesting it seems wise to wait on your official stamp of approval. If you look at mySpace and faceBook, you can see that because they enabled sharing of user data (i.e.. pictures, videos, etc…) that is a direct result of their success. People need things to be easy. It seems like users need a WYSIWYG editor for posts, just like the blog interface, but a scaled down version with the media link. Most of these BP sites don’t entice users because they can’t share their lives. I understand that the magnitude of such a foundational change requires much thought and work, so:

Either way I am waiting on your call?

Thank you for your & everyone else’s hard work!

Famous
    Participant

@famous

@johnjamesjacoby and anyone else who is deep in the BP project – I have got to circle back to this situation.

Is the recommendation to go with BuddyPress Album then? I have to finish my site and am willing to wait another 7 months if necessary for a BP core integration, however if this is just not going to be the case then please advise the best course of action. As site success is partially based upon these capabilities.

Thank you in advance for the course of action.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘user posting of photos’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar