Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

2 sites (wordpress/public side + buddypress/private side), same content

• Hi all,

Im fairly new to buddy press/wordpress but I need some help to do the following:

– Private buddypress network built with theme A, with users as authors publishing content, with buddy press features private to registered members only, not indexed by google and other search engines, and located at progressivetalks.com/network

– Public wordpress site built with theme B, with no registered users, content (including photos) pulled from content published by authors on the buddypress site and indexed by google, etc, located at progressivetalks.com

The basic idea is that I want to provide a service where authors of my site publish content and can network amongst themselves, but this content is pushed to a public website where our readers can see the articles in a more attractive template (a magazine template from colorlabs) and can only comment on the articles.

Originally I wanted to have one site, with buddypress, and use the colorlabs template, but I am having lots of issues getting buddypress working with the template – probably something to do with the framework…

Any suggestions as to how I can achieve what I want to do?

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@jakeyboy1989

1. Create a Network in subdirectory structure

2. Set which blog ID BuddyPress will run on: For example, your new sudirectory, /network is the first subsite you created (therefore with ID #2), then add this to your wp-config.php
    `define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 2 );`

3. Install and activate BuddyPress. Go through Installation Wizard.

4. Install and activate https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/threewp-broadcast/ where you broadcast posts from /network/ into main site which will have a regular WP theme. Author link, if theme dev added it per post, would link to main site’s author.php/archive.php file which will list author’s posts in main site only and will not link back to /network/ site.

Should you have any issues with ThreeWP Broadcast plugin, please post at WordPress Multisite Forums or at plugin WordPress.org

thanks @mercime! That’s great.

I will post this in the sites you recommended, but I also wondering if you knew how to make the default option to broadcast to my public site… I want this all to be automatic, so my authors don’t have to select the box every time.. At the moment it saves the other settings, but I have to select the blog every time

thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2 sites (wordpress/public side + buddypress/private side), same content’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar