Categories
Search
Bottom

Admin bar CSS

• absticles
    Participant

@absticles

Hey there.

I’m actually really confused about how to modify the admin bar. I’ve read through the codex on it and it still doesn’t seem to be working!

I’ve created a child theme for the BP default theme. Because I couldn’t seem to get the css working for the bp-core-adminbar.php file I used the code from a different topic to remove the admin bar completely and begin a new one.

The code I found was this:
    function ovc_adminbar() {
    require(‘ovcbar.php’);

remove_action( ‘wp_footer’, ‘bp_core_admin_bar’, 8 );
    }

add_action(‘wp_footer’,’ovc_adminbar’,1);

And I found the above code here: http://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/how-to-modify-the-bp-admin-bar/?topic_page=2&num=15

I placed this into functions.php and the admin bar disappears. When I copied all the code from bp-core-adminbar.php into ovcbar.php (which is in ..wp-contentthemesMYTHEME) and changed the function values nothing appears on the page when I refresh it…

I also can’t work out where to edit the CSS for it? I’ve created a new file ..wp-contentthemesMYTHEME_inccssadminbar.css But the code there doesn’t seem to be working either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I’ve searched all the forum posts and can’t find a logical tested answer. I’d really appreciate some help! Complete newbie with buddypress.

Thanks,
    Abi

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• absticles
    Participant

@absticles

Can anyone help me with this?

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@absticles – If you’re using a child theme, to override the CSS, either create a file called /_inc/css/adminbar.css in your child theme, or just override CSS rules with the !important rule in your style.css.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Admin bar CSS’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar