Search
Bottom

All Old Topics in the Forum Page is Gone

• @mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

All Old Topics in the Forum Page is Gone

Latest WP and BuddyPress

I have developing the site for over six months. Today, I just looking at forum page and there is “All Topic (0).” Huh? So at first I reinstall forums setup and refresh the forum page still no show but when I create a new group (Enable discussion forum) it show in the forum page “All Topic (1)” and “My Topic (1).

What is happens to all my old topic posts? And the “forum topic tags” on the sidebar mostly are “Sorry, there were no forum topic found” except one that I just created is found. Can the old topic posts and topic tags get it back in the forum page? What is causing the problem?

Mikey3D

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Check to see if the forum topics exist in the database.

The DB table is “wp_bb_posts”. If there are posts in that table, then that’s good! You could then try repairing the database table.

Could also be a plugin conflict. If you’re running any caching plugins, try flushing the cache, or disabling the plugin.

If, as is likely, you’re running on hosted servers, contact their support and ask them what’s going on — repairing might fix the tables, or they might be able to restore from a backup. Either way, if you haven’t done anything, it’s the host’s fault.

@mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

@r-a-y @djpaul Here’s what happens:

Mikey3D wrote:

Hi,

I just saw your new (hosting name) layout but something is missed in my database. Here’s the problem:

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/all-old-topics-in-the-forum-page-is-gone/

There are no older topics.

I did not post at buddypress yet because after I saw Paul Gibbs posted. This below will be post after you.

=====================================================
    “The DB table is “wp_bb_posts”. If there are posts in that table, then that’s good! You could then try repairing the database table.”

Yes, there are posts in that table wp_bb_posts. I just did repair this wp_bb_posts table.

“Could also be a plugin conflict. If you’re running any caching plugins, try flushing the cache, or disabling the plugin.”

I disabled W3TC and all plugins except BuddyPress. Also empties the bp-custom.php and functions.php.

All that it’s still the same problem. Huh? Why?
    ======================================================

John S. wrote:

> Hi,
    >
    > I just saw your new (hosting name) layout but something is missed in my database. Here’s the problem:

When we changed the control panel over we did nothing to the MySQL installs on our machines. Just the front-end has changed, so it could not have affected your database.
    That being said we would have no info based on what you provided on why you would be having that issue.
    We have backups of the site and database on file for the past 10 days, if you would like to check against them.
    Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Mikey3D wrote:

>>>We have backups of the site and database on file for the past 10 days, if you would like to check against them.

Please I would like to have backup database for 10 days old ago. If the backup database still have the same problem. I may do, how would I give buddypress folk the permission to go into my site?

Ryan S. wrote:

Hello,

> Please I would like to have backup database for 10 days old ago.

Alright, we have restored the database backup from 10 days ago.

> If the backup database still have the same problem. I may do, how would I give buddypress folk the permission to go into my site?

We don’t know. There may not be a way. As we said, we have not made any changes to your database, and if the problem happened more than 10 days ago (but you only noticed it recently), then the oldest backup will have the same problem. In this case, you may need to restore from an even older backup that you have made yourself, and forfeit all additions since that point.

Mikey3D wrote:

WOW!!!! It works.

John, can you tell me why buddypress folks are right? It’s database. I spend a half a day to figure it out why there was no older post. Why is it, John?

Ryan S. wrote:

> Can you tell me why buddypress folks are right? It’s database. I spend a half a day to figure it out why there was no older post.

The Buddypress folks are not right.

They said it’s a host problem. But it’s not a host problem.

Yes, we have database backups, so we helped you to restore an older backup. But the problem was caused by your application. The application broke the database. Restoring the database backup fixed the problem.

In the future, you should also keep your own database backups, too.

Hope that helps!

================================
    Have I been misleading?

Mikey3D

@mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

Can the plugin break the database? I only have gut instinct I’m not sure it maybe BP Unread Posts that I have try one day then deactivate then delete it was a few months ago.

If you did not change ANY wp/bp settings, then it’s not the fault of the software.

@mikey3d
    Participant

@mikey3d

@djpaul, are you saying if I changed BP > General Settings or WP > Settings – it will break or corrupt the database because it‘s the fault of the software? Can you be more specific?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘All Old Topics in the Forum Page is Gone’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar