Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BP is showing users full name and DOB – need to hide these and show nickname only

• Currently when new users register there full name is displayed on all activity, and according to some, so is there DOB, this is obviously not very secure, but I can’t find where to make these changes,

I have tried plugins like pie register & theme my login but neither seem to really work.

I have buddypress installed on WP MU 3.0.1 using thesis theme.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

DOB should never be displayed. In fact that’s not even a default BuddyPress registration option. Did you add in some registration fields of your own or did the Thesis theme?

I’ve found the DOB, we did add that in and have now removed it from the buddypress profile field set up admin, but it’s the fullname (which we can’t remove from the admin) that we really need to fix.

Or I at least need to be able to rename the field to just first name?? *bump**

I’m not 100% what you need, but you can rename the default field “Name” to something else on the wp-admin -> BuddyPress -> General Settings screen (“Full Name field name”).

Of course.. ok, done the quick fix for now.

Although what I really want to do is switch the default name shown – ie on comments, when posting etc.. to be the nickname – not the Fullname/Name field.

How do I do that?

Look through the user edit options in the WP backend.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘BP is showing users full name and DOB – need to hide these and show nickname only’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar