Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress 1.5 won’t activate?

• Adam

@adam_wordpress

Never had this before….

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/a5223693/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-wpabstraction.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/a5223693/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-loader.php on line 68

Never seen this error before

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

Very strange. Can you check your file permissions, to make sure that the web server can read the contents of bp-core?

Adam

@adam_wordpress

Heres what I did:

(this is on a multisite – yes my host allows for e to execute php files and -press type programs, including wordpress and bbpress)

I deleted my old BPress for other issues that worked upon its deletion. I then searched and installed this version through the dashboard for network admin and then tried to network activate. the first tie I got that error, I then checked the permissions and tried an experiment by setting things from 750 – 777 for all files and directories (including sub directories) of my “upload to” folder. so this made all associated files with bp 777. I tried activating it again….same issue.

Adam

@adam_wordpress

Any ideas? Testing a theory that the plugin installer in the WP dashboard did not set up or download, or extract all the bp files properly, deleting the plugin from ftp took 1 second where as it usually takes a minute.

fixed it: It looks like the WP Plugin installer did not do its job properly

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

I had a problem upgrading in test install with 4 dozen WP/BP/MU plugins being checked out. It turns out that not all the BuddyPress files were uploaded in auto upgrade from dashboard. Most probably plugin conflict. Suggest re-upload BuddyPress manually via FTP/cpanel – it worked for me.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress 1.5 won’t activate?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar