Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress doesnt work when I enable The Network.

• thewhyteempire

@thewhyteempire

Hey, I been having this issue and its annoying. Trying to create a music site network differant blogs for different stuff like.

videos.sitename.com/
    music.sitename.com/
    beats.sitename.com/
    designs.sitename.com/
    members.sitename.com/

and so on. I’ve gone to my hosting Powweb about this problem. They with Simple Scripts. So they have wordpress installers and also Buddypress installers. I created a wordpress blog and added the Buddypress plugin and Network also but caused an error. So I tried it with Buddypress installer and still the samething when I made that blog site. I’ve went through this time and time again and cant figure it out and did it step by step by step.

I am hoping someone can help me figure the problem. Anyone else had this problem with them?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• thewhyteempire

@thewhyteempire

AS SOON AS I ACTIVATE BUDDYPRESS IT SHOWS THIS SMH.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Did you create the network using these steps?
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Because you’re using subdomains, you’ll need to set that up correctly as well:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network#Step_2:_Setting_Wildcard_Subdomains

Btw, this is a WordPress problem; did you try posting your question over there?

Support Forums

thewhyteempire

@thewhyteempire

yup your the first who has even wrote anything back to me I asked the question in Powweb Support, WordPress Support, and here. I’ve taking a break on figuring it out right now.

Good question though…. If I just start working on the different blogs correct. I can later add Buddypress correct?? if so imma work on these some and then try the above again. I know if doesnt work I always get it back to normal by deleting buddypress plugin.

thewhyteempire

@thewhyteempire

I been trying to figure it out for week or two now so im just taking small break hope to find the solution soon. IF not imma have to try and find someone to do it who’s specialty is wordpress, multisite, and buddypress.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

The basic steps @thewhyteempire

1. Make sure you installed WordPress manually instead of using webhost scripts which messes up multisite and BuddyPress

2. Make sure you’ve got mod_rewrite enabled and that your pretty permalinks are working in WP install.

3. Create a network per link given by r-a-y above. Check that you can create a new subsite and that you can upload images in said subsite.

4, Then install BuddyPress and activate in main site or in subsite (secondary) created

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Buddypress doesnt work when I enable The Network.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar