Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress; phpbb and wp-united

• how do i have phpbb use the buddypress messaging and profile and have phpbb use the buddypress avatar?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • i really don’t no where to get started with this. i tried some stuff but it didn’t work.

nanchante
    Participant

@nanchante

um, if you’re using phpbb, why use buddy press?

Kind of defeats the whole point, no?

Because my entire site is setup around buddypress. i have alot of plugins like achievements; cube points etc and i really like the messaging system of buddypress. After all the configuring of my website i would hate to ditch buddypress already when members are just getting use to it.

nanchante
    Participant

@nanchante

so ditch phpbb instead!

The bbpress forums/groups sucks! i would like to use phpbb with the buddypress messaging system/activity/members and avatars.

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== i would like to use phpbb with the buddypress messaging system/activity/members and avatars. ==

Then you would have to hire a programmer to create a plugin which extends wp-united to integrate with BuddyPress or to create one yourself.

OCS Foundation CTO
    Participant

@ocs-foundation-cto

At this point there is a WP-phpBB Bridge that works just fine with WP and phpBB but given that it redirects user account creation to phpBB I am not sure if it will work with BuddyPress.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress; phpbb and wp-united’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar