Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress translation, languages help!!

• i want overseas people to be able to use my website. is there a way buddy press can be translated or something. for an individual to select their language maybe? or it just automatically translates to their language? please help some one

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• aces
    Participant

@aces

im using blogs mu theme. wondering looking at the the page http://translate.google.com/translate_tools

where do i put the code exactly? footer ? header? idk, not sure. my site is http://www.yourwetideas.com , so idk if there is space for it with the theme. any suggestions? im very new to this. this would be the perfect solution if works.

being its buddy press does it, translate the whole site, buttons groups etc?

aces
    Participant

@aces

You put the first bit in an appropriate area in the footer – If it works how you like it then you should probably include it via your theme’s functions.php file

The second bit works in a text widget. Set up a text widget where you would like it and paste.

It translates what it can…. If there are bits that you don’t want translated you can tag them….

im not sure where in the footer. u said appropriate area. wouldnt the header be better? i dont know . you are talking bout the link u gave me specifically right? not from the google translate i posted? cause i dont know where to put that

aces
    Participant

@aces

Putting it in the header.php should work but might unnecessarily slow the site down a bit…..

I don’t know your theme so I wouldn’t know where to put it precisely…. I put it above the “ tag and below “ – it is important that it doesn’t go anywhere between a “

aces
    Participant

@aces

The code I posted worked for me, and I would suggest trying it first, then seeing if you would prefer other options from the google page linked to.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘buddypress translation, languages help!!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar