Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug: "Recent Site Wide Posts" Widget

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

One more bug for tonight.

We’re running WPMU 2.9.2 and BP 1.2.1 with the default theme set to display the activity on the front page.

If we place the “Recent Site Wide Post” widget in the sidebar and then scroll to the bottom of the home page and click “Load More” the page loads not only more content into the main section but also into the sidebar of the “Recent Site Wide Posts” widget.

It appears that some type of filter for the “Recent Site Wide Posts” widget forgot to load. So… there’s a missing filter?

Can anyone else replicate this problem?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

*bump*

beanfair
    Participant

@beanfair

I am having a different problem with the widget in that most of the time it says no recent posts even though there are numerous posts in the last 24 hours. About 25% of the time it actually shows posts but 75% it doesn’t :(

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Are the blogs that are posting public or private?

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

And I’ve just verified that the bug still exists for BP 1.2.2.1

Has anyone else experienced this?

Anyone know if this has been fixed? I see there have been no posts for 6 months. I have a clean install of WP 3.0.1 and BP 1.2.5.2 the Recent Site Wide Post Widget only displays the blog posts from the main site not any of the other blogs. All other blogs are public. Any ideas?

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

@jutecht12 Our problem was fixed it the next the release of BP I believe (1.2.3??) You’re sure that all of your blogs are plublic, right?

Are you in a sub-domain or a sub-folder install?

@paulhastings0 yes…all blogs are public and actually any and all widgets/plugins that are suppose to be site wide are not pulling any of the blog posts or other content. I’m running 1.2.5.2 which from I can tell is the latest version. I’ve checked the config.php file to see if there was something I had to switch on there and couldn’t find anything. All site wide widgets just pull from the main blog. Really would like to have the latest blog posts from the community on the front page.

@paulhastings0 I forgot to add we’re in a sub-folder install on bluehost. Site at http://www.coetail.asia

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

@jutecht12 Something else appears to be the problem here. When I visit your blogs tab it says that most of your blogs were updated over a month ago. But when I visit the individual blogs some say they were updated just a couple of days ago.

Let me guess, did you upgrade either BuddyPress or WordPress on September 8th?

I would try installing BuddyPress and WordPress one more time again from scratch. Possibly even change the name of the database. Make sure to create backups though.

I’ll give this a try. I’m hosted on Bluehost.com and just installed the whole thing via SimpleScript. I’ll install it manually to the backup database and see what happens. I’ll keep you posted.

I wonder if the W3 Total Cache plugin has something to do with the site wide posts not working or updating. Anyone else having this issue and using W3 Total Cache plugin?

paulhastings0
    Participant

@paulhastings0

Could be. When I was running W3 Total Cache with WP 3.0.1 and BP 1.2.5.2 all our blog posts were showing up twice.

Just an updated. After upgrading Buddypress to 1.2.6 all my site-wide things started working again. Thanks for fixing this!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: "Recent Site Wide Posts" Widget’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar