Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can Someone Please Lead Me In The Right Direction To Fix This Cropping Issue..PLEASE…

• Sorry to post twice, but I’ve posted many times and have gotten left out. I’ve had to read through this robust code to solve my own issues constantly and through months of work (working solo), I’ve managed to get close to finishing this BP project. But I’ve ran into a wall.

The cropping tool doesn’t work for some reason.

All I need for someone to do is give me reasons as to why it may not be working (or more perhaps). Should I reinstall BP? What should I do? Thanks in advance.

(WP 3.1/BP 1.2.8)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Does it upload the image? Does it store it as a temporary file on the server (dump $_FILES)? Do you get to the crop screen? Does the image appear on the crop screen? Does the cropper selection box work / does the preview work?

Here is the link: http://sociallyaffluent.com/sexyafter30

Click on “register”…fill out some random information and you’ll see..(just to give you a visual).

The image uploads and there isn’t anything wrong with the server variables. The only thing that happens is that the “crop screen” doesn’t appear. The image appears in the crop screen, but I don’t get the crop tool. So the image that’s uploaded is the “upper left corner” of the image.

fyi…I think there is something wrong with this forum…the “edit” button doesn’t work and when I try to view other pages, the screen goes blank…

just wanted you to know that…

does anyone else have any thoughts on how I can fix this cropping issue?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

== Click on “register”…fill out some random information and you’ll see ==
    Uh, not many would register. Give a username and password and we can check uploading image using the U/P you provided.

> The image appears in the crop screen, but I don’t get the crop tool. So the image that’s uploaded is the “upper left corner” of the image.

Check your web browser javascript error logs after you do this. Any messages? If not, check your web browser’s logs, too.

thanks…this is a fake username and password…

username: jsmitty
    password: WinISay

once you login, you’ll see the navigation options in the top right bar underneath the header..”my profile”, “my friends”…etc..

@ Paul Gibbs

I’m going to do this tomorrow morning (…it’s 1:56am in Atlanta)….thanks for your assistance and I’ll keep you updated…

@ mercime

…thanks as well…I need and conserted effort to resolve this…I’ve come to far and I’m almost done..

alright…

the error message that I’m getting when I check the “error console” is:

`jQuery(“#avatar-to-crop).Jcrop is not a function

http://sociallyaffluent.com/sexyafter30/members/jsmitty/profile/change-avatar/

line: 98`

and it stops there..so whatever this error is it looks like it may be the culprit..

Yeah. On the cropper page, it should be loading a jcrop javascript file. Does your theme have both wp_head and wp_footer actions?

SOLVED!

…It was a plugin who’s jQuery code was interfering with the crop’s jQuery…

thanks a lot!!!

…it was something called “Nivo Slider”…it was for the homepage…I didn’t like it anyway…so I’ll just get another plugin…

thanks a lot everyone…and to you Paul…

…fyi…I do have to remaining issues with BP that I will address later…one is `users can’t log out in Internet Explorer..it’s throwing an error`…and the other is `when you send a personal message to a friend, there’s suppose to be a dropdown of friend avatar’s and that’s throwing an error as well`…

those are my two only other issues…

Cool — well done for getting the crop working!

enderandrew

@enderandrew

The theme I’m using had Nivo baked in, and it was interfering with other jquery functions as well. I ripped all references to Nivo out of my theme, and also removed the redundant call to load jquery, especially given it was loading jquery-1.6.2 while WP was loading 1.6.1.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Someone Please Lead Me In The Right Direction To Fix This Cropping Issue..PLEASE…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar