Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t Drag Widgets to Sidebars

• Henry James
    Participant

@hjshares

I just installed Buddypress. Everything seems to work fine but when I go to my widgets so I could start arranging them, I can’t drag them to the sidebars. I’ve tried it with Firefox and Internet Explorer. Any suggestions how I can resolve this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You’re probably going to need to provide a little more detail than that such as BP and WP versions, custom themes if any or other modifications present.

I took a spare test install to upgrade to BP 1.2.4 to see what the issues were with that release, it’s now running BP 1.2.4.1 on WPMU 2.9.2 and I can drag widgets to the sidebar region without issue.

Henry – I’m having the same problem – Widgets won’t drag. Did you get it fixed and if so, how? Thanks Rhonda

Boone Gorges
    Keymaster

@boonebgorges

This sometimes happens to me when one of the plugin-created widgets is coded incorrectly, which messes up the way that the drag-n-drop javascript works on some browsers. Try dragging the very first widget on your widget list – does it work? If so, try the second, and the third, etc until you find the one causing the problem. Disable the plugin that creates the widget in question.

Also, I’ve found that Firefox/Camino are less likely to have the problem than Webkit browsers (Safari, Chrome).

bobkerry
    Participant

@bobkerry

I also agree with you people and this is a very serious problem because no one can di his/her work until and unless this problem is not solved……so the management of the site must take some atep inorder to solve the problem….

Medical Insurance

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t Drag Widgets to Sidebars’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar