Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t Edit or Delete a status update post in activity stream

• kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

After posting in the activity stream I can’t edit or delete the post.

I need to be able to delete double posts from the activity stream, this happens for posts that are posted to both the main blog and a subdomain blog.

Also, I did a test post to the activity stream and added a link to it via BP-Activity plugin. The link picked up the article I was referring to, but it also posted a subtitle that was not related to the article I was posting.

Everyone needs to be able to fix their typos (if they want to).

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

I had some folks online today testing this and we realized these are really needed – an edit and delete button in the activity stream (to be used by the logged in user/member and the Network Admin). I had these when I was running 1.2.10 but lost it in the upgrade to 1.5.

Is there a code snippet?

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

Maybe could someone tell me what changed in 1.5 that might have affected this? At least point me in the right direction?

dwellydesigns

@dwellydesigns

I am having the same issue. I was told it was because my theme is not compatible. Not sure I understand that since everything else works. Just no delete function on activity streams.

movefearlessly

@movefearlessly

chances are you have something in your theme’s functions.php file causing the problem. what i did was remove an item, save the file, test the site. do this for each entry in the file – it could be something like a spelling error, etc.

movefearlessly

@movefearlessly

that’s assuming of course that you already disabled all other plugins and the problem still exists…

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

To add back the delete button in the activity stream, you need to add the following in your /activity/entry.php template:

BP doesn’t allow you to edit an activity stream item by default. I assume you’re using a plugin.

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

I try not to edit the functions file unless absolutely necessary.

The plugins I am using are absolutely necessary for the site to function, so turning them off or deleting them is not an option. BuddyPress will get deleted before any of the others do!

Not sure what you mean by “I assume you are using a plugin”? Yes, I’m using BuddyPress?
    I’m working on adding your snippet to the entry.php page. Still need the edit bit for fixing typos. So far it hasn’t worked … but I could be putting it in the wrong places. Also my activity stream just blew up – which has nothing to do with adding the snippet, and I’ll write it up as a separate report.

Thanks r-a-y!!

dwellydesigns

@dwellydesigns

@r-a-y
    Thanks so much for the info on delete. I added it to my site and it is working great now!!!

kkradel
    Participant

@kkradel

Yes, I got it to work too! Thanks @r-a-y !

investoreports
    Participant

@investoreports

Hi there

Am using the Buddypress Activity Stream Edit plugin for edit. Posted on the plugin forum but got no response.

Edit returns page not found – see http://test2.investoreports.com/alertscentral/activity/edit/15

Any ideas?

Regards
    Simon

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@investoreports please start a new topic for your issue as it’s quite different from this year-old topic. That plugin is compatible up to BP version 1.5 and has not been updated for current BP version. Also, you can edit status updates in the Activity Stream admin panel https://codex.buddypress.org/user/setting-up-a-new-installation/configure-buddypress-components/#activity-stream-admin-panel

Closing this.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t Edit or Delete a status update post in activity stream’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar