Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Comments/Replies are showing as a grid not as a list – is that normal?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sorry for bumping – but anyone see this too?

This is very strange, never seen this before. I think it may be a problem with your theme

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@Scotty501 looks like it’s missing some styles for the activity lists.

as always thanks @mercime

I am beginning to regret using this theme – seems to have quite a few style issues with it – :(

Any ideas on fixing it?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@Scotty501 I just checked out fishbook theme in test install. The activity lists are not going bonkers like what’s happening in your site. I would backup your current fishbook theme (with your mods) to computer hard drive, then rename/delete fishbook theme folder, and re-upload fresh fishbook theme https://wordpress.org/extend/themes/fishbook-buddypress-buddypack

Thanks Man @mercime

I did some digging myself – and I did change the CSS for another issue I had where large images were pushing the activity list all over the place. I fixed this by adding the below to the CSS line for ul.activity-list li

‘ul.activity-list li {
    padding: 20px 0 0 0;
    display:inline-block;
    }’

I played with this once more and change the last line to diplay:block; and that seems to have worked well.

Unless you see a reason where this is not the solution – maybe you can see issues in the future?? – I am happy to go with – but I am open to suggestions. :)

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Solicited and unsolicited suggestions – backup your stylesheet before applying mods so you could revert if you so choose

ul.activity-list li
    — add `overflow: hidden;`

div.activity-comments ul li > ul
    — change `margin-left: 0px;` to `margin-left: 20px;`

div.activity-comments
    — add `overflow: hidden;`
    — add `position: relative;`

Thanks @mercime

I added your suggested changes – not sure what they did – but I applied them. :) I respect your knowledge way ahead of my own.

One thing – you put ul.activity-list li twice in the list above – or I have misunderstood?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

My bad, deleted the duplicate from code posted above :-)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Comments/Replies are showing as a grid not as a list – is that normal?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar