Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cropping Avatar Removes it From Server

• Jason Rundell

@jasonrundellfcl

Setup: Apache 2, BuddyPress 1.2.7 and I’ve deactivated all plugins.

Here’s what happens:

1) I go to edit a Group’s Avatar.
    2) Next I upload a .jpg that’s 150×150 and 5kb large. The file is successfully uploaded to /wp-content/uploads/group-avatars/1/logo.jpg
    3) Here’s where things go screwy. Next step is cropping the avatar and when I crop it I get no JavaScript errors. I can resize the handles to any ratio and there’s no JS errors for that also. But when I hit the Crop image button to finish, the logo.jpg file on the server disappears and the final avatar is still not updated.

I get no server errors at all (checked apache error.log and access.log). It just disappears. Anyone else getting this? Anyone have additional trouble shooting I should try?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• residentcusano

@residentcusano

i suppose a javascript conflict with plugins…i had one error of this with Gtranslate plugins…..u need to delete eery plug installed to discover it

Jason Rundell

@jasonrundellfcl

Thanks residentcusano, but I figured it out! The PHP GD library wasn’t installed on my server :) Once I did that it worked.

Shaun MacRae
    Participant

@shaunmacrae

Hi @jasonrundellfcl,

I’m having the exact same problem. Does buddypress have a dependency on some non-standard php libraries? Can you provide any more info?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Cropping Avatar Removes it From Server’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar