Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

default Gravatar

• Idiom
    Participant

@brianbrey

Anyway to change the default avatar to something specific rather than the gravatar defaults?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Arx Poetica
    Participant

@arxpoetica

Trying to figure out the same thing…

Arx Poetica
    Participant

@arxpoetica

btw, I ended up using a js hack on this. Not ideal at all. I haven’t kept up to date on the way BP handles gravatars/avatars, though, so I’m curious what’s new on that front. Anyone?

Not much, though the uploaded picture directory was moved a few versions agao.

Try this: upload an avatar file to the BuddyPress plugin folder here: buddypress/bp-core/images/

Now edit file bp-core-avatars.php located in the buddypress/bp-core/ folder , find line #141 and change the avatar file name on the end of the line per your needs, e.g.
    Code:

$default_grav = apply_filters( ‘bp_core_mysteryman_src’, BP_PLUGIN_URL . ‘/bp-core/images/avatar.jpg’ );

Now login to your main blog, go to BuddyPress tab -> General Settings and be sure the Mystery Man is checked as the default avatar.

You’re done. You have now your default gravatar created by you

Arx Poetica
    Participant

@arxpoetica

So’s to not modify other files, you can also serve it up through functions.php:

//serving up a different default avatar for members
    function set_default_member_avatar($url) {
    return get_stylesheet_directory_uri() .’/images/new_and_improved_avatar.png’;
    }
    add_filter(‘bp_core_mysteryman_src’, ‘set_default_member_avatar’);

See this URL for groups avatars: https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/group-default-avatar/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘default Gravatar’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar