Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Disqus/Intense Debate + wp/bp

• intimez
    Participant

@intimez

For those use intense debate, does local account get created when users login to ID using twitter/openid/fb/etc.? I’m trying to see if it’s worth giving it try but afraid there will be conflicts in wp and bp so asking experts here.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• intimez
    Participant

@intimez

No one tried intense debate or disqus? Just looking for quick feedback of functionality. Not looking for support. =)

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

Here is a website that uses buddypress and disqus. http://www.hotforwords.com

intimez
    Participant

@intimez

@gunju2221 Thanks for pointing me to site. Looks good using disqus but if one day, disqus no longer in use, the comment can be imported but not linked to real accounts I’m afraid.

@hotforwords do you see this happening or is a local account created for each person that sign up using disqus on your site?

Virtuali
    Participant

@gunju2221

If you are looking to install disqus, I must warn you that buddypress and disqus don’t get along with eachother, unless you are willing to pay $150/month for disqus premium.

If you have disqus free+ buddypress, all of your users will have to sign up again to disqus. The premium disqus has membership syncing, the free does not.

and what about intensedebate… does that sync up properly with buddypress

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disqus/Intense Debate + wp/bp’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar