Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Emails no longer sending

• After working fine for months, suddenly we are not getting any digests, sign up emails, and group members are not getting emails we send as admins to the whole group. I installed the wp smtp plugin suggested, and when I send a test email, it says user authentication failed from and then it’s blank. Like it’s not registering the from email address at all. I did check to be sure it’s set up in settings correctly. If I set it to php mail, it sends the test email fine.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

BP/WP versions? Are you on Bluehost? What are the recent changes – add/delete plugin, new theme – you made in your install?

Sorry, latest versions of both WP and BP, not on bluehost. Seems that SMTP is not “seeing” the email it’s supposed to send from, saying it’s blank, so it’s not an authorized user.

I tested non-BP emails, like lost password, and got that just fine, so it’s just BP emails not sending. No user signup notifications or group digests at all, when they worked fine last week. I did nothing but upgrade the plugins since.

I’ve been working on this, and it seems that the only thing not working now is when an admin sends an email to everyone in the group. I have gotten the others to work.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Emails no longer sending’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar