Categories
Search
Bottom

Featured image box/option not showing up on mobile

• Pedro
    Participant

@petredobrescu

Hello all,

This is my first question on BuddyPress forums and I didn’t find anything similar searching the codex. Here’s the situation:
    – WP 3.4.1. + BP 1.5.6 + a child theme of BP default theme + BP Mobile 1.5.2.3
    – while editing a post from a desktop browser everything is fine
    – when editing a post from a mobile or tablet the featured image box just disappears and it’s not present in the Screen Options either
    – I also noticed that when I connect from a mobile I get these 2 message on the wp-admin:
    ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist. Please check your installation.
    and
    You’ll need to activate a BuddyPress-compatible theme to take advantage of all of BuddyPress’s features. We’ve bundled a default theme, but you can always install some other compatible themes or update your existing WordPress theme.

I also want to mention that some minor corrections were made to the default BP Mobile theme, but they are mainly CSS related and I assumed they won’t generate this issue.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Looks like issues with the BP Mobile plugin rather than BuddyPress. Have you tried contacting the BP Mobile plugin’s author for support?

Pedro
    Participant

@petredobrescu

Actually not Paul, thanks for the suggestion. I believe I had in mind that this is the place for any issue, sorry for that :)

I’ll get back with some feedback from the plugin’s author.

Thanks!

modemlooper

@modemlooper

BP mobile does not affect the WordPress admin. At least it shouldn’t. The theme error is not that important, it’s just a notice and does not affect BuddyPress. You can install the BuddyPress Extended Settings plugin that has a setting to stop that theme notice.

I’m a little confused by your post. Are you saying when you are in the WordPress admin on a mobile device the option to add a featured image is missing from the Add new post page?

Does this occur when using the bp-default theme as the desktop theme?
    Are you using another plugins that could cause this?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image box/option not showing up on mobile’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar