Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Form not opening after update to WordPress 3.2 and BuddyPress 1.2.9

• NrFive
    Participant

@nrfive

something going really wrong after update…

Seems like the reply panel opens and closes immediately! Tried with chrome and firefox… same result :(

site: http://www.gameshrine.org

Edit:
    Also when you post or delete an activity update, you have to refresh your browser to see the results. Seems like something is wrong with the jQuery? (Not really experienced in that department…)

Is it just me or are others experiencing this as well?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

I just tested BuddyPress 1.2.9 on WordPress 3.1 and WordPress 3.2 and everything was perfect.

* OS
    * Browser(s)
    * WP Version
    * Try clearing cache?

NrFive
    Participant

@nrfive

Windows XP
    Chrome / FireFox
    WP 3.2

Clearing cache now :)

Edit:
    clearing cache helped… but now I’m curious why it did…
    Is it because the old script is still remembered somehow?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Browser probably cached it, yeah. We have some cache-busting built into BuddyPress 1.3, so future versions won’t have this problem.

Help! I updated to 3.2 before I read about the 1.2.9 update. So, I’m getting the bp-forum error. Of course, I can’t go in and update that now. I tried clearing cache. Tried it in Firefox and Safari and same error in both. I’m using W3 Total Cache and speedymirrors so I imagine things are cached there, too. How can I clear it when I can’t get to the admin?

Holy crap! I fixed it myself! :) In case anybody wants to know, I found the buddypress-trac pages and did this:

replaced: parent::WPDB( $dbuser, $dbpassword, $dbname, $dbhost );
    with: parent::__construct( $dbuser, $dbpassword, $dbname, $dbhost );

I can at least get into the admin now. We’ll see what else is messed up now.

maxxannik
    Participant

@maxxannik

Help!
    WP 3.2 + BP 1.2.9
    and last Google Chrome
    and repeated at 2 analog sites (WP 3.2 and BP 1.2.8 or 1.2.9).

I try add new post, add an Image… and fail!
    1. Try click “Add an Image”, load froma PC, Other Sites or Media Library
    2. Click “Show” – and nothing…
    After all actions blocked. While not reload the page.

Maxxannik
    Is that related to BP? Have you disabled BP and tested without it?

iwikia
    Participant

@iwikia

same problem:
    Seems like the reply panel opens and closes immediately! Tried with chrome and firefox… same result :(
    any ideas?

James
    Participant

@janismo

please, create some topic like “wp 3.2 bp 1.2.9”, so that people could see all the possible issues in one place. Users start to create new topics for every noted problem and it is quite hard to follow.

or use this topic instead https://buddypress.org/community/groups/miscellaneous/forum/topic/a-quick-note-about-wordpress-3-2/

Vernon Fowler
    Participant

@vernonfowler

Thanks so much @snowgurl11 That worked for me, just that one edit on line 144 of /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-bbpress.php :)

I have the same problem. as NrFive and Iwikia. I wonder if they solved the problem.

Thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Form not opening after update to WordPress 3.2 and BuddyPress 1.2.9’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar