Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum being redirected to homepage

• javy

@javiermatosdes

Hello, been trying to work through this issue for a week now with no luck. I had my site with Buddypress installed and running on GoDaddy hosting. Everything was working fine, including the forums. I moved to a VPS last weekend and after some issues everything was working fine again, except for the forums. When I go /forums I am redirected to the homepage. I’ve been going over everything over and over again with no success. So last night I delete the tables in my DB and delete bb-config.php. Go back into the forums setup page and give it it’s 2 clicks. It tells me that bb-config.php was successfully created and I check phpmyadmin, tables have been created as well. But I still get redirected to the homepage. I’m not sure what to check anymore, all the info in bb-config is correct and the tables are there. Help! How else can I troubleshoot this?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• javy

@javiermatosdes

Am I supposed to get the following message when going to /wp-content/themes/theme_name/forums/index.php?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_header() in /home/intennis/public_html/wp-content/themes/intennis/forums/index.php on line 1

javy

@javiermatosdes

This seems like its some sort of rewrite issue – does anyone have an example of what my .htaccess file should look like? I noticed in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bbpress/bb-admin/includes/defaults.bb-htaccess.php there are a bunch of rewrite rules, none of which are in my .htaccess currently.

Then I ask why does everything else work if they don’t have the rewrite rules either, so I don’t think this is the problem. I’m trying to pinpoint the issue but always end up back at square 1…

I am having the same problem, except mine is off a fresh install. The forum link redirects back to the main page, but all other links work. If anyone has a solution to this, I’d really appreciate it. I’ve been at it for days now…

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@ghostrose333 BP/WP versions?
    – Change theme to bp-default and deactivate all plugins except BuddyPress. See if same behavior applies.
    – Did you go to dashboard > BuddyPress > Forums Setup and install the forum?
    – Check your database if tables for forums were created.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum being redirected to homepage’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar