Categories
Search
Bottom

Forums Link is Broken…

• Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

Hi Guys,

It’s been a while since I’ve been working with buddypress and I’m now doing a new install using WordPress 3.0 and the latest version of buddypress. The install went smoothly except that the link to the Forums page is not working and giving me a 404 page not found. I tried searching for it with no luck. The link to the site is http://dfwsoccer.com/

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Did you install bbPress via dashboard BuddyPress > Forums Set Up? That would be needed to get the forums page going.

Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

Yep I did that, and when it said everything was fine, I did it again and then reinstalled it one more time to be sure

Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

It’s getting more interesting now:

After going through the forum install one more time, I looked into the bb-config.php file that was generated.

$bb_table_prefix = ‘wp_bb_’;

There is no table in the database that starts with wp_bb_.

I even removed the bb-config.php and ran the forum installation again and still no tables. It’s like it’s making the config file without doing the backend stuff.

Any ideas?

Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

Actually my problem seems identical to this one:

https://buddypress.org/community/groups/how-to-and-troubleshooting/forum/topic/one-click-forum-bbpress-install-did-not-created-bbpress-table/

The solution there isn’t working for me.

I had the same problem yesterday. I installed the BBPress plugin from the Plugins menu. I don’t know exactly what I did to fix it but here is a list:

I deleted the BBpress folder from the plugins folder.
    I deleted all the test groups (new site) that I had created.
    I let BuddyPress do the installation again.

Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

Just reinstalled everything and no dice. It didn’t work at all.

Rohan Kapoor
    Participant

@rohan_kapoor

I’ve tried every combination of reinstall I can think of but it just won’t load the database tables.

Brendan Rohan
    Participant

@brendanrohan

There is a number of forum problems on other threads at the moment – I’m having issues too. I can post to the forums but my subscribers now can’t…

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@rohan_kapoor – install same as your configurations; check bb-config.php – sample here http://wordpress.pastebin.com/1qAdu2q3
    – after correcting your bb-config.php at root, you can re-run forum creation – BuddyPress > Forums Setup and click on re-install link. There should be 7 tables of bbPress generated in database wp_bb_forums, wp_bb_meta etc. as well as a new bbPress folder generated within wp-content/plugins/buddypress folder in server.

My installation for the bbpress folder is in wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums. Does the extra folder level make a difference to the plugin working properly?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Forums Link is Broken…’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar