Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Get “fatal error” whenever I try to add anything to BuddyPress

• jubalince
    Participant

@jubalince

I installed BP fine, but whenever I try to activate any other plugin I get this error message:

parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or ‘}’ in /nfs/c07/h03/mnt/104309/domains/pdxlist.com/html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-email-subscription/bp-activity-subscription-main.php on line 32

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• jubalince
    Participant

@jubalince

I should add, I have multiple installs of BP with various plugins running on several sites on the same server.

For more detail, I installed and configured BP, then attempted to add BP Classifieds. Got the Fatal Error.

Deleted BP Classifieds, and tried to install and activate One Quick Post (required for Your Classifieds). Got a similar but slightly different fatal error.

Perhaps my permissions are wonky?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

WP/BP versions of the install that got fatal error? To get better attention of plugin dev for group email subsription, post in this forum https://buddypress.org/community/groups/buddypress-group-email-subscription/forum/

What theme are you using – bp-default child theme, custom BP theme or WP theme with BP Template Pack? If you change theme to bp-default theme, do you get a fatal error on activation?

Don’t blame your permissions right away :-) BP Classifieds is compatible up to WPMU 2.9.2 and BP 1.2.1 only. Unless you’re on those versions, expect the plugin to break in current versions as there have been numerous major code changes since plugin was released a year ago.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Get “fatal error” whenever I try to add anything to BuddyPress’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar