Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Groups Creation Blank Page

• Jacob Schweitzer
    Participant

@primetimejas

On the create groups page, we are seeing a blank page on the 2nd step. The group is successfully created but the options for privacy and other things are just not appearing, even after disabling all other plugins, removing functions from bp-custom, disabling caching, etc. The 2nd step is just blank with the next step and previous step buttons below. Anybody have this problem before? If so, how can it be fixed? Or is there a way to skip steps using a function ? (I’d previously thought about this with the avatar upload as that isn’t ideally implemented either).. Please help, this is our last remaining big problem with BuddyPress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Jacob Schweitzer
    Participant

@primetimejas

Silence… ouch…
    I found a 403 error that occurs on the groups settings page (which is blank) after i click the next button. This takes me to a page which says “Are you sure you want to do that?” So I click the link that says “Please try again.” and it takes me back to the group settings page which is still blank. Can’t get past group settings…

UPDATE —-

We fixed the problem, it had to do with a cookie definition.
    define(‘SITECOOKIEPATH’, ”);

We were trying to allow users to move freely between our sites on multisite without having to login again. These are the two cookie definitions remaining in our wp-config.php:
    define(‘COOKIEHASH’, md5(‘http://’ . $_SERVER . ‘/’));
    define(‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’,$_SERVER);

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

@primetimejas need more info. What theme are you using? What plugins do you have installed? If you change to BP default theme and deactivate all plugins except BP, are the issues resolved?

mudgey
    Participant

@mudgey

I am having the same problem and it started after upgrading to BP 1.6.1. I am using the theme BuddyCorporate and the latest full release of WP. It is set up as a multi-user site but all was working fine until the upgrade! Also, I am getting a blank page on selecting a group forum, although the site wide forums are working fine.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Groups Creation Blank Page’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar