Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Having trouble with user activation key email with BP MU site.

• Ben
    Participant

@mrbeno

Hi, I am having a problem with the user activation for a buddypress Multi User. THe problem is that after a user signs up for as a member and a new blog, an email gets sent, then in the email it says click to activate. Now the link is this http://mysite.com/activate?key=5a395e80e0c10d00 After the link is clicked it says that there is an error and please type in the activation key. Now the activation key is actuly in that link and is too confusing for people to have to copy and paste it. Is there a way to make the link work.

Also i am using the “BP Disable Activation” This works when a member does a sign up with out a blog and logs them right in. I guess I am looking for an easy way to make this work so the user is not confused. Also I noticed that when they choose there password, it does not work and gives a password and still sends the email with the “error activation key link). sorry for confussion.

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• techguy
    Participant

@crashutah

Hmm…I haven’t really tested the blog creation with the BP Disable Activation. I know there was one known issue of the auto login not working. I never had time to look into what caused it not to work. Sounds like there’s a problem with the activation email still being sent too and it shouldn’t be sent. I’m not sure when I’ll have a moment to look at this, but if someone else figures out the issue let me know and I’ll update the plugin.

Ben
    Participant

@mrbeno

Thanks for your reply, I actuly tried something different last night and it worked out ok. I am using the “BP disable Activation” and in a menu I chose the option “User accounts may be registe4rd” Before I had it on “Both sites and user accounts can be registered.” And it was causing the mix up with the plug in on MU. Users would be able to type their password but with the blog activated, the system gave a new password (that people probably would not see, thinking the password was what they typed in) Then an email would send a notification with the activation link. The link would not work saying the error message with the activation key. However teh activation key was in the link to click but would not work when clicked. Sorry for the rambling just trying to make it clear what I did.

But now a user can register with out activation (which I think is nice, but no blog) But what I like is, that I can create a blog for a user and give them access by just putting their user email in the “ad site” for multi user and it shows up under their account.

I guess it could be nice if this could be a future feature maybe let people sign up with out a blog with an option in the email sent to create one or maybe a notifification to a new user in the admin bar or something. (it would help with sploggers)

Thanks again

I am having the same problem but I don’t have BP Disable Activation installed. When a User signs up none of there information is being stored in the database but it still sends the activation email. When you click on the link in the email you get an error saying that activation failed.

The strange thing it this was working until the 9th of Jan, then it just stopped. Nothing has been changed on the site and I have been driving myself crazy trying to find out why it has stopped working, does anyone have any ideas of things I could try?

thanks

Andrea Rennick
    Participant

@andrea_r

Check your error logs.
    Check the files on the server.

When stuff suddenly stops working with no changes on your end, it is almost entirely something on the server side. Hosts DO run updates to the software on the server and sometimes settings get reset.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Having trouble with user activation key email with BP MU site.’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar