Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Header image on network site

• A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

I have WP 3.0.1 installed with multisite enabled. I also have buddypress with multisite support turned on. However, when I go to example.com/site1, it displays the header image of example.com

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• @mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

You would have to be more specific. BP version? Where is BP installed – main site or secondary blog? You’re using bp-default theme on main site and subsite?

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

sorry….buddypress version 1.2.6 installed on the main site i’m using the edublogs theme on the main site and buddypress theme on subsite

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

bump

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

The BuddyPress Default theme is not meant to be used network-wide.

If you want to use the same theme across your blogs, you need to create a child theme of the BuddyPress Default theme.

Then you can modify the header (header.php) to use the main site’s header image.

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

thanks i’ll give it a try

I am having the same issue as AWeathers: I have WP 3.01 & BP 1.2.6 – I have various sites running successfully as subdirectories from my main site, but when I try to have BP default theme activated on a new subdirectory site, while it works seemingly perfectly the header image displays the main site title instead of the community site I am trying to create. If I add: define ( ‘BP_ROOT_BLOG’, 3 ); to wp-config.php it fixes it up but then places my main site as a “secondary” site to the community site and “sees” it as just another blog. (edit: the other sites continue working fine though)

Ray you point out the default is not meant as a network wide theme, but if you create a child theme of the default you can have the same theme across all blogs – I do not want this, only on the community site alone, with all my other sites having their unique themes. Is this at all possible?

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

tried this last night as well and i run into the same issue as bazonline when i use the child theme, then all of the sites get the same child theme

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

@bazonline – You shouldn’t have much trouble then. Just activate bp-default on the community blog only and not on all the blogs. If you’re just having problem with the page ``, go into your community blog’s general settings and change the blog title:<br /> <a href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_General_SubPanel" rel="nofollow">https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_General_SubPanel</a></p> <p><a href='https://buddypress.org/community/members/aweathers/' rel='nofollow'> @aweathers</a> – Like I said, you need to modify the header.php file in your child theme to call the main site’s header image. Calling the main site’s header image requires a little bit of PHP coding. Or if you know you’re never going to change the header image, just hardcode the image URL into header.php.

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

ok…i gave this a try…

example.com – primary site – enabled edublogs theme – expected edublogs theme to work – functioned as expected
    example.com/site1 – activated buddypress default theme on site – worked as expected
    example.com/site2 – activated buddypress child theme on site – worked as expected

now, i wanted to customize the header on example.com/site2. i logged in with the admin for example.com/site2 but was unable to customize header, so i logged into example.com with superadmin and went to example.com/site2 backend. I updated the header to a customized image, but it doesn’t show up anywhere!

A Weathers
    Participant

@aweathers

bump

@r-a-y Thanks for the input. I have solved the title page issue as per your link provided thanks!

Still battling with my main site being seen as a secondary site on the bp-default install (running on a sub-directory) I have only activated bp-default on the subdirectory as suggested. Both sites run well, but under the blogs tab in bp-default theme all my other sites are showing on the community site as well that shouldnt be there. Is this just a basic setting I am getting wrong here or am I trying to do something thats not possible!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Header image on network site’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar