Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help Getting Started

• Ky
    Participant

@harrodk

Hey there. I’ve got the latest version of WordPress and BuddyPress. I can’t figure out how to register as a new member. It just says, “To start connecting, please log in first.” Then it shows the user ID and password fields. But there’s no place to register as a new member. There is a log in button, but when I click it, it goes to the WordPress login page. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Ky
    Participant

@harrodk

Got it. Thanks!

Ky
    Participant

@harrodk

OK, I’ve got another question for anyone willing to help out there, please. I created a new profile, but it doesn’t show up. When I go into the admin section, it shows up under users, but I get an error when I try to confirm deletion “Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/curls/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/bp-groups-classes.php on line 1053.” I wonder if it has anything to do with the user name–mom25kids. Is it OK to include the numbers? Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

There’s a bug in the current release, which is fixed in the development 1.2 branch.

In the interim, you can fix this by patching /buddypress/bp-groups/bp-groups-classes.php:
    https://trac.buddypress.org/changeset/3113

Jonathan Montubig
    Participant

@jonathanmontubig

I also have the same problem as u Ky, but Im running it on a local server. I also check my email account and there are no whatsoever emails from bp after I finished filling up the form in the registration, do we need to run bp online to test it, although there is an online demo, i need to check it b4 doing it on an actual online site?? BTW, It also shows up in my dashboard’s users.

Also, I wanted to ask if BP needs to have MU enabled?? Im using it in wordpress 3 (they say it has MU in it also) and buddypress.1.2.5.
    I tried using Buddypress on wordpress 3 (wwithout enabling mu) and it works fine and the only prob was that the registration doesn’t work the way it did like when I register here at BP forum.

I hope someone can help us with the problem. Thanks to u all.. ^_^V
    Really sorry if this is a super newbie question..

Valis
    Participant

@valisdreams

why is it my site now looking all scattered?

i uploaded a meta widget i think then everything stopped looking good. like the layout normally is

http://valisproject.com/vpwp/

Valis
    Participant

@valisdreams

please message me back at

projectvalis @yahoo.com ; cosmic1love @yahoo.com

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Help Getting Started’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar