Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

HELP!!! Site dead… update trouble with buddystream???

• Fatal error: Call to undefined method wpdb::WPDB() in /home/oldrow0/public_html/postgradjam.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-forums/bp-forums-bbpress.php on line 144

I just upgrade the buddystream plugin, then updated wordpress to the most recent version. Both said they were successful, but now I get this line when going to my site http://www.postgradjam.com and when I try to get into wp-admin… I am effectively locked out of making any changes!!!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • And did you update BP according to all the notices about the upgrade to WP 3.2, I’m assuming you’ve updated WP to 3.2.

I just updated WP to 3.2 that was the last thing I did before this error.

How the hell do I fix my site to be able to even log in to wordpress?

http://awesomescreenshot.com/046g2dy96

rename the BP folder to force deactivate BP then you should be able to get back in to the dashboard, having got back in try upgrading BP to 1.2.9

K I did that, but still cannot get in… this is the new error:

Warning: require_once(/home/oldrow0/public_html/postgradjam.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-loader.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/oldrow0/public_html/postgradjam.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-like/bp-like.php on line 17

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/oldrow0/public_html/postgradjam.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-loader.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/oldrow0/public_html/postgradjam.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-like/bp-like.php on line 17

Just realized buddypress isn’t upgraded to 1.2.9 and that might be the problem… how can I manually upgrade since I can’t access wp-admin?
    == Upgrade Notice ==

= 1.2.8 =
    Compatibility with WordPress 3.1

That’s why I asked if you had upgraded to BP. Look at the error messages and deactivate the plugin that it’s referring to , same method as BP rename the folder, when you are cleanly back in the WP dashboard set buddypress directory back to correct name so that it is listed correctly in plugins , don’t activate it but run the auto upgrade to take it to 1.2.9

fixed. Thanks.

Glad it’s sorted.

The moral of the story is never update / upgrade without first checking the support groups for any issues or particular instructions that might be given, it’s hugely important; try never to blindly upgrade, I know the auto upgrade buttons are tempting but resist until you are sure things are going to be ok .

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP!!! Site dead… update trouble with buddystream???’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar