Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Help, Upgrade went badly, please advise ASAP, magazine posting my link, OH NO!

• Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

Fatal error: Class ‘BP_Group_Extension’ not found in /data/home/macronet/websites/crowncoach.info/docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-activity-stream-subscription/bp-activity-subscription-main.php on line 10

Our site is being referenced in a magazine that is just hitting the rack. I did upgrade, and everythign was great until i decided to turn off members from being able to start groups due to fact that some hackers had started two groups i could not delete. then, when it did an error message when i went to groups, i turned it back on, and it still had this error message, and now the whole site is this error message. also, i had to turn off ANY BODY CAN REGISTER, because hackers and spammers were getting in by the truckload. is not there such a thing as anybody can register, but moderating the registrants? Please contact me ASAP. this is emergency.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rename wp-contents/plugins to something else. Visit yoursite.com/wp-admin/ and go to themes and plugins page. Rename wp-contents/plugins back. Go back to yoursite.com/wp-admin/ and re-enable your plugins and choose your theme again.

Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

got into the admin site, but in it i get this error when i click plugins

Fatal error: Class ‘BP_Group_Extension’ not found in /data/home/macronet/websites/crowncoach.info/docs/wp-content/plugins/buddypress-group-activity-stream-subscription/bp-activity-subscription-main.php on line 10

Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

there must be a step missing…

did you rename wp-admin/plugins ?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

In readme.txt of BuddyPress Group Activity Stream Notifications plugin:

!!!!!THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!!!!
    It is recommended that you instead move to BuddyPress Group Email Subscription:
    https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buddypress-group-email-subscription/
    !!!!!THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!!!!

Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

yes, of course, and i tried it several times. then, instead, i renamed the sub dir mentioned at the offending dir, and tried that, and then the theme had been recaste, so i switched it back to the buddy theme … so it saw the buddy theme without this other subdir, after i reset the buddy theme and did compat stuff, i then switched dir name back to original name, and turned back on groups so they could be started by members. now i have a members question, because i had too many spammer hackers. now i have checked OFF the ANYONE CAN REGISTER box, because i cannot have these spam hackers in. how can i have moderated memberships?

Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

ok, i got the newer email sub system for this new upgrade of BP, and reset per instructions. seems i am up and running and back to normal now.

Sandi Brockway
    Participant

@macronet

i also found it useful to refresh my browser often while troubleshooting, otherwise it was bringing up older error messages that were defuncts sometimes.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Help, Upgrade went badly, please advise ASAP, magazine posting my link, OH NO!’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar