Categories
Search
Bottom

Hiding Forums from non-registered users:

• Tim
    Participant

@tmonk15

Hi everyone,

I’m running WordPress version 3.4 (haven’t upgraded to 3.4.2, yet.)
    WordPress is installed in the root of my domain
    BuddyPress version 1.6.1
    bbPress version 2.1.2
    My theme is a child of BP-Default

First, I should start by letting you know that I’m definitely a newbie! What I’m trying to do should be relatively simple, I think. I’ve searched and searched, but haven’t been able to find an answer to my question.

I have a WordPress/BuddyPress site that is mostly private. I’m using Role Scoper to limit access to certain portions of the site, and that’s working out okay. I’m also using BuddyPress Registration Options to “hide” the BuddyPress pages from non-registered users. Unfortunately, I’m unable to hide the link to “Forums” (which links to my bbPress installation) from non-logged users in my navigation. The actual forum topics are restricted, so clicking on forums when not logged in takes you a page that says, “Oh bother! No forums were found here!”, which is fine for an instance where someone actually types the URL. However, I’d like “Forums” to be hidden from the navigation until the user is logged in. My only requirement for accessing the forums is level of Subscriber. Subscriber should be able to fully use the forums, I just don’t want users who aren’t logged in to be able to see the “Forum” link in my navigation.

Can this be done in bp-custom.php?

I apologize if my question isn’t clear. If it is not, please let me know so that I can rephrase it. Remember that I’m a complete newbie! ;-)

Thank you so much! Any and all help is very much appreciated!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding Forums from non-registered users:’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar