Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do i get forums to work?

• echoman
    Participant

@echoman

I am new to buddypress I’m not a coder. The install was simple. But when it comes to the forums i can’t set it up! Instead i get told i have to make a group. I want a forum (with categories) but at the same time i want group forums to work separately. So when i set up a group i go to the forums page and it tells me group forum directory.
    I want a forum on that page not a group forum directory. Is it possible if someone can tell me how i can correct this? Again, I’m not a coder so a simple copy and paste would help. I can always learn something new though. but this is killing me, i have looked everywhere forums, youtube videos etc.
    Step by step instructions for “Non IT techy” would be helpful. Hopefully in a newer version of buddypress you can make group forums separate from forums. So again anything would help.

Also is it possible to have a separate page for group forum directory instead of using the forums page and is it possible to make it so only admins can see that page? I think this would be helpful if you’re running a site and want to admin group forums but not have them show publicly. or an option to let users just display forums in the directory they allow publicly?Just a suggestion.

By the way, I tried signing up to bbpress and couldn’t get a confirmation email. i tried hotmail gmail and yahoo neither of them work so if anyone from bbpress is around just thought i would let you know.

Thanks hope to hear from someone.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How do i get forums to work?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar