Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How do I remove log in ?

• beeza
    Participant

@beeza

I have just installed Buddypress and think it is really great, just one thing I would like to be able to do, and that is remove the log in link in the sidebar. The reason for this is because I would like to install Login With Ajax plugin.

At the moment I have two log ins, and I really would just love to have the Login With Ajax option only!

Any ideas would be very welcome, thanks.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• r-a-y
    Keymaster

@r-a-y

Copy /bp-themes/bp-default/sidebar.php to your child theme.

Remove the login block and you should be good to go.

beeza
    Participant

@beeza

HI r-a-y , thanks for the very speedy reply, I did what you suggested and it works brill. The log in now looks really clean and neat, thank you very much for your help.

beeza
    Participant

@beeza

The above works a treat the fix did indeed remove the login from the sidebar, and I now have login with ajax running. I have just realised however there is another slight problem I have run into! I have the Buddypress admin bar hidden with the aid of a plugin. But doing this hides the My Account, My mesages, Friends, Profiles, Settings, and Notifications etc section!

Just wondering if it be easier to add a plugin to show notifications etc in side panel, except log in! Or just remove the log in section from the admin bar ?

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Or, just keep the wp-adminbar and add this to your style.css to hide the login link

ul.main-nav li.bp-login { display: none; }

Or, go to Dashboard, BuddyPress > General Settings and check Yes for “Hide admin bar for logged out users?:

beeza
    Participant

@beeza

Hi mercime, I did try what you suggested, it did hide the login but it broke up the theme! So not sure what else to try!

@mercime
    Keymaster

@mercime

Hmm, never had a theme break because I added dispay: none to login link in admin bar – what broke in your theme?

Another way is to add this in your bp-custom.php

function remove_login_link() {
    remove_action( 'bp_adminbar_menus', 'bp_adminbar_login_menu', 2 );
    }
    add_action( 'bp_adminbar_menus', 'remove_login_link', 2 );

beeza
    Participant

@beeza

The posts text and links were thrown out of lign onto the left of the page! I will probably just leave it as it is! Aghhhh spent many hours on it, had enough now.

Thanks anyway

dinoraptor101
    Participant

@dinoraptor101

ok here’s the EASIEST WAY EVER =_= Totally for noobs!

This does need a child theme, but you can still put it in stead of the bp-defaults.

1 – open your file …./wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-themes/bp-defaults/
    2 – rename “sidebar.php” to “sidebar_bkp.php” ( to revert in case of errors)
    3 – download this file ( http://dinoraptor101/com/swso/bp_nologin_sidebar.php.zip )
    4 – extract the php file and upload it to the directory above
    5 – rename the file you uploaded to “sidebar.php”

DONE!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I remove log in ?’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar