Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

How Much Memory to set for PHP with VPS

• mikehenrysr
    Participant

@mikehenrysr

I have an existing blog I’ve imported into a new WP / BP install. We have about 150-250 pageviews a day with some spikes to 600, or even occassional 1000. We have about 300 – 500 different RSS readers and Twitterfeed bots accessing the site after each post.

I keep hitting different memory issues. What should I expect my memory requirements to be? I’m running on a VPS and can set the memory to whatever I need it to be. Should it be 128M or 256M? What do you think with that volume level?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• mikehenrysr
    Participant

@mikehenrysr

Oh, I forgot to add, we have about 150 users in the members area of BP.

Thanks, Mike…

Mark
    Participant

@mark211

I’m having similar issues. Did you resolve your problem?

@mark211 rather than resurrect old posts (bad) please have a hunt through the support forum threads as the issue has been covered in some detail, if those still don’t help you please start a new post with a detailed explanation of your problem.

Mark
    Participant

@mark211

@hnla, Understood, but I did look through the forums already and had no luck, I also posted about this issue a few weeks ago and thought it got resolved but it didn’t so instead of re-posting the same problem over I replied in my original post to try not to make any duplicate postings. As for this particular thread I probably should of just sent a message to mike to see if he found an answer.

where’s your original thread?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘How Much Memory to set for PHP with VPS’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar